- To record the mentoring practices being followed at the institute in respect of mentor-mentee meetings, student profile and other data, feedback/effect of the mentoring process.
- To follow appropriate processes for assignment of mentors to the mentees.
- To bring improvement in student’s holistic development wherever possible.
Process of assignment of the Mentors to Mentees in the organization:
- Mentoring will be offered to all the 2nd year MMS students.
- Mentor Mentee assignment will be domain wise.
- For second year students, ABC categorization of the students will be the basis of mentor-mentee allocation. Here the objective is to give special attention to C-category students. Primarily to make them employable and working on quantitative aspect i.e. increasing the number of placements and to further enhance skills and knowledge.
- In case if a faculty member becomes unavailable for mentoring of students, HOD will reallocate the mentees to a different mentor.
- Once assigned, the allocation will not be changed under normal circumstances. However, it is the prerogative of area chair and academic dean to decide about the exceptional situation warranting the change.
- Once allocated, mentors will be involved in all important matters pertaining to their mentees like improving knowledge, personality development, personal/emotional issues, disciplinary issues, counselling requirements etc in order to improve their employability.
Process of “Mentoring” the Mentees in the organization:
- Mentor-mentee meetings are to take place at regular intervals.
- Minimum number of mentor-mentee meetings will be 10 and maximum will be 15.
- Mentoring activity duration will be September to March for that academic year.
- Mentee will provide a Mentor-Mentee-Programme feedback. First feedback should be taken at the end of December or after minimum 5 meetings. Second feedback can be taken at the end of March or after 10 meeting. This will help in understanding the delivery of mentoring process and improve it next year if required.
- In case if a mentor or mentee feel the need to meet more frequently or to discuss any specific issue, they may meet at a mutually convenient time.
- Mentors will keep track of the holistic development of the student in terms of academic and non-academic performance and will provide the support wherever required.
- Mentors will specifically facilitate in driving the mentee towards his/her desired goals with the guidance.
- Mentors will also keep a track of the student attendance on monthly basis to sense and solve any major non-compliance issue.
Process of recording the ‘Mentoring’ in the organization:
- Mentor mentee meeting minutes can be recorded through email or through Google classroom.
- A Google classroom can be created by the mentor to maintain all the records.
- An email can also be exchanged between mentor and mentee to maintain the records about mentoring initiatives on regular basis.
- At the end of the year, Mentor will generate the mentoring record for the entire year. Mentor must clearly mention the date of meeting, issues discussed, attendance etc. This must be done on an excel sheet and must be shared with Mentoring Head for the record purposes.
- An annual summary report to be generated to record the Mentoring activities during the academic year at the end of the year. This report is to be submitted to the director and dean – academics.
Mentor Mentee Ratio
At DSIMS, all the faculties are also given the Mentoring responsibility for the students. The objective of mentoring activity is holistic development of the student in terms of academic and non-academic performance. It also aims to counsel students for stress related issues. This activity will facilitate the mentee towards his/her desired goals with the guidance. For the academic year 2019-20 the mentor mentee ratio was 1:10.
|No. of full-time II-year students enrolled in the institute
|Number of students given mentoring
|Number of full time teachers
|Number of teachers appointed as Mentors
|Mentor mentee ratio
*External mentors were also appointed during the year 2020-21.