Conduct at Campus
The institute attaches great importance to integrity, honesty and discipline. Hence a high sense of responsibility is expected from all of you inside or outside the classroom.
- As a student of DSIMS, it is your responsibility too, to help maintain hygiene & cleanliness at the premises. You shall not carry refreshments including tea/coffee, etc. To the classroom, library or computer centre.
- Glass panes and walls of the classrooms, dining hall and other places must not be used for displaying notices/ posters (for which separate notice boards are available) without prior permission of the Administrative office. In case posters are put after such
permission is obtained, care must be taken to prevent damage to the walls and they must be removed promptly after the event.
- All breakages should be reported in writing to the Administrative Officer along with a note of explanation. Breakage caused due to willful conduct by you will be recovered from you.
- Playing computer games is strictly prohibited.
- If you are found using cell phone in premises/ Library/ Computer Lab during class hours will face strict disciplinary action. A fine of Rs. 500/- would be charged.
- Any unruly behavior inside or outside the campus which brings disrepute to the Institute will not be tolerated and will be dealt with strictly.
- DSIMS shall not be held responsible for any act of indiscipline, indulgence in unethical practices including use of drugs, alcoholic drinks, harassment, if any carried out by any student.
- DSIMS will not be held responsible for any actions initiated by the regulatory authority/Police, against these students.
- It is the responsibility of the students to secure and safeguard all their valuable and personal belongings. The Institute shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or theft of such items.
- You should come appropriately dressed to class.
- You shall not be found smoking or under the influence of alcohol within the Institute premises. Drinking alcohol within the campus boundary is strictly prohibited. Anyone found violating the rule will face strict disciplinary action.
- You are not to use faculty or administrative offices even when it is not occupied. Any recreational activity on the Institute premises can be held only after obtaining prior permission from the Administrative office and must come to an end at or before 9 p.m.
- Any act of physical intimacy is strictly prohibited within the campus premises.
- You must always carry your identity card so that you can show these to the security staff or other designated authorities of DSIMS.
- You are not permitted to engage any person for service of any kind, Personal or otherwise, on DSIMS campus.
- Due to restriction in parking space, you are advised not to park vehicles inside DSIMS premises.
- You shall not carry firearms or weapons of any kind within the campus. If found, besides strict disciplinary action, a police compliant will be registered.
- Medicines, generally those not requiring a prescription, such as tablets, ointments for aches, headaches and sickness are kept in the Administrative office, in case of need. The students can use also avail dispensary facility in case of injury or emergency.
- Noise: The Institute and its environs have a peaceful ambience. Do not spoil it by shouting or playing loud music or moving furniture. Loud singing, even as part of a birthday celebration, late at night, does not enhance our image as a professional Institute both within and outside the campus.
Please Note: The Management of DSIMS reserves the right to make appropriate changes in policies, procedures, educational offerings, requirements, etc., from time to time, as deemed necessary and these will be duly communicated to all students and these will be binding on them, from the date of such communication.
Rules on Anti Ragging
Prevention and prohibition of Ragging in technical Institutions, Universities including Deemed to be Universities imparting technical education.
F.No.37-3/Legal/AICTE/2009 – In exercise of the powers conferred under Section 23 read with Section 10 (b), (g), (p) and (q) of AICTE Act, 1987, the All India Council for Technical Education, hereby makes the following Regulations:-
a Short title and commencement:-
- These Regulations may be called the All India Council for Technical Education (Prevention and Prohibition of Ragging in Technical Institutions, Universities including Deemed to be Universities imparting technical education) Regulations 2009.
- They shall come into force on the date of the notification.
b What constitutes Ragging: –
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
- Any conduct by any you whether by words spoken or written or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student.
- Indulging in rowdy or undisciplined activities by any you which causes or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship, physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension thereof in any fresher or any other student.
- Asking any student to do any act which such you will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the physique or psyche of such fresher or any other student.
- Any act by a senior student that prevents, disrupts or disturbs the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher.
- Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic tasks assigned to an individual or a group of students.
- Any act of financial extortion or forceful expenditure burden put on a fresher or any other student by you.
- Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it: sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing bodily harm or any other danger to health or person.
- Any act or abuse by spoken words, emails, posts, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student.
- Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidence of a fresher or any other student with or without an intent to derive a sadistic pleasure or showing off power, authority or superiority by you over any fresher or any other student. And any other policy framed by AICTE/DTE/University of Mumbai or Government of Maharashtra from time to time.
c Monitoring mechanism in DSIMS:
The institute has an Anti-ragging Committee and AntiRagging Squad to take care of any untoward incidence.
d Depending upon the nature and gravity of the offence as established the possible
punishments for those found guilty of ragging at the institution level shall be any one or
any combination of the following:-
- Cancellation of admission
- Suspension from attending classes
- Withholding/withdrawing scholarship/fellowship and other benefits
- Debarring from appearing in any test/examination or other evaluation process
- Withholding results
- Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
- Suspension/expulsion from the hostel
- Rustication from the institution for period ranging from 1 to 6 trimesters
- Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution.
- Collective punishment: when the persons committing or abetting the crime of ragging are not identified, the institution shall resort to collective punishment as a deterrent to ensure community pressure on the potential raggers.
Code of Conduct and Dress Code while representing DSIMS
You are at a juncture in life where the casualness of the attitude has to be replaced by the professionalism. That’s what differentiates a B-School you from those in other under-graduate, graduate and Post-graduate courses. At B-schools, the Corporate looks for a person with Professional attitude. Our interface with corporate is through various forums such as Guest lectures, PPOs, Events, Projects, Industry Immersion, Summer Internship, Conferences, Seminars, Interviews etc. While we value your freedom to appear casual, we would also like you to project this professional attitude through your appearance and mannerism while on campus, and wherever you are seen as the face of the institute. In order to do so, we need to follow certain code of conduct that conveys the professionalism in attitude and appearance. At all points in time while on campus or on visits to corporate:
- You should wear clothes that are clean and neatly ironed.
- You shall refrain from wearing anything that conveys casualness of attitude. This includes T-Shirts without collars, Torn Jeans, Bermudas or Capris.
- Inappropriate dressing includes tops / shirts with offensive words, pictures, or slogans, tops with bare shoulders, and tube tops.
- You shall refrain from wearing chappals and floaters except on a rainy day.
- Girls should avoid wearing heavy accessories such as big ear rings, rings, bracelets etc.
- You should avoid heavy make-ups.
- You shall refrain from wearing anything that can be construed as obscene.
- You shall not have any visible tattoos / body piercing (except for girls where nose / ears piercing are allowed in moderation).
- Boys should avoid ear rings in one ear.
- On the days of any corporate interaction such as campus interview, guest lecture, Industry visits etc. you are required to be in Full formals with Blazers if and when required.
- Girls must avoid tight clothing of any kind.
- The Tops / Kurtas / Shirts / T-shirts should be of appropriate length closer to the knee and should not be having deep sleeve cuts, or low necklines.
- You should not wear low-waist jeans with short tops.
- Hair-do should be proper without hair covering the face or eyes.
- You should avoid shouting / gesturing / back slapping or passing lewd remarks that can be construed as indecent or unprofessional while on the campus.
- Solid colors are considered best for formal clothing. Floral prints / checks should be avoided.
- Skirts below the knee level without splits are acceptable.
- Short, tight skirts are not acceptable.
- Use common sense when wearing clothing that has words on it; people are easily offended or distracted by words.
Note: If you do not abide by the above guidelines, you could be subjected to disciplinary action by any member/ employee of DSIMS starting with denial of entry to the Institute premises and may be moving on to termination of your tenure with DSIMS.
Let’s all “Dress for Success” at DSIMS.