DSIMS STRATEGIC PLAN-2021-25
With a vision to be one of the preferred B-schools in India, DSIMS aspires to develop socially sensitive business professionals with global mindset.The institute wants to achieve this vision by thrusting on academic excellence and social sensitivity. DSIMS believes young leaders of today need to have a healthy mix of social consciousness and business skills to lead efficiently. The strategic plan-2021-25 of the institute is designed to accomplish these institutional goals.
As we plan for the future, it is imperative to consider the context or the business environment in which the Strategic Plan 2021-25will be implemented.
Context/Environment-Opportunities and Challenges:
1. The young Indian nation provides significant opportunities for education. It is expected that a huge population of student in the age group of 18 to 23 will enter education institutions in the coming years.
2. There is also a growing need to skill the population and therefore skill based programs will increase.
3. In the current VUCA world of pandemic, technology will be playing a very crucial and important role in imparting education
4. Internet/web-based technology, cloud technology, mobile technology and tools of collaboration and communication are today defining the learning experience. Open source software has given birth to MOOCS in different forms. It has also helped co-create knowledge.
5. Digital library, campus vide telecast, video conferencing facilities, learning management systems, social networks etc are defining the education and research environment on the campuses.
6. Multiple forms of digital student engagement are likely to emerge which will change the entire learning infrastructure in the coming future.
7. New education concepts like MOOCS or short term courses offered at certificate or diploma level, education on the go (m-education) are the new competitors to the current forms of education
8. Regulatory bodies like UGC, AICTE, Mumbai University etc making accreditations mandatory for increasing student intake.
9. Competition posed from other top management institutes will always be one of the challenges
10. Continuous up gradation of physical space and infrastructure in order to accommodate the growing population of student.
Institutional Strengths to achieve the Strategic Plan-2021-25:
1. DSIMS is another milestone in the history of Rajasthan Sammelan that has done unmatched service in the field of education in the commercial capital of India. RajasthaniSammelan Education Trust (RSET), a registered public charitable trust was established in the year 1948 at Malad, Mumbai. With an aim to promote various educational, charitable and social activities, the trust has pioneered in providing educational opportunities to various sections of the society. DSIMS being a part of the prestigious RSET, has a great advantage to benefit from the trust’s illustrious academic past and associations. During the last seven decades and over, the trust has played a vital role in promoting and providing better education from primary to post graduation in the fields of Commerce, Management, Information Technology and Media Studies.
2. As a professional hallmark, DSIMS has always been adapting to the new age business domain. Currently the environment poses a huge challenge in the form of COVID-19 pandemic. In order to ensure uninterrupted learning, DSIMS has adopted a blended learning pedagogy using ICT, through which the institute has been successfully conducting online courses through virtual classrooms.
3. To meet the demands of both the Industry and Academics, DSIMS has designed a series of unique interventions, aiming to produce a, job ready manager on day one. For this reason, leading multinational companies prefer DSIMS management graduates as employees for their preparedness to face the industry.
4. The institute has a well-defined internal governance structure which helps in effective academic, administration and other activities. The institute practices decentralization and participative management through a well-defined structure of Governing Council, Board of studies, College Development Committee (CDC), and the IQAC cell. The DSIMS institutional hierarchy comprising of the Director, Dean, Chairpersons of programs and Area Department Heads all share key responsibilities to achieve the vision and mission of the institute.
5. The Institution is committed to provide world class infrastructure and resources to enhance the budding managers to become future leaders. In this endeavour to provide the best available facilities, DSIMS has equipped all the classrooms and seminar hall with ICT. The institute endeavours to maintain adequate infrastructural facilities including hostel facility for its students.
6. The intellectual capital as faculty at DSIMS is enriched with many years of both academic and industry experiences and inculcates the best and latest research in their classroom pedagogies.
7. The institute has a robust ecosystem to promote a culture of research and innovation under the dedicated research cell. Faculty Development Programmes are conducted in-house to improve teaching and research acumen as well as the research policy allows faculty to enrol for FDPs and workshops outside as well. Faculty is also encouraged to participate in conferences across the country and abroad.
Institutional Goals for 2021-25:
1. Academics: DSIMS academic goals include designing and implementing industry focussed academic curriculum to produce job ready managers on day one of their corporate life. In order to achieve this goal the institute aims to design more industry centric interventions for its Campus to Corporate programs and Beyond classroom initiatives.
2. Staff/Student Development: The institute aims for an overall development of Students, Faculty and Staff in order to stimulate a positive and vibrant working environment within the campus.
3. Student intake quality: One of the primary goals of the institute is to develop a large student pool from all over the country and to select quality student population from this pool for all our programs.
4. Global Connections/International Alliance: DSIMS aims to extensively work towards improving its Global connect and reach by partnering with foreign universities and faculties of international repute. One of the major goals in this context is to enhance student exchange programs and collaborating for academic research.
5. Improved Industry Interface: The institute gives huge importance to building robust industry connects through its industry institute partnership cell. It aims to further strengthen its campus to corporate interactions through industry consultancy projects, academic research projects in collaboration with corporate organizations and voluntary student industry projects through industry immersion programs.
6. Curricular/Co-Curricular Interventions: DSIMS believes that for a holistic development of a student both scholastic and non-scholastic interventions are very important. Thus DSIMS aims to introduce an array of Curricular/Co-Curricular activities for both physical and mental growth of the students.
7. Caring Teaching Practices: Caring and nurturing a student is one of the most important aspects of the teaching pedagogy followed at DSIMS. The Institute plans to design several mentoring and counselling programs for the students in order to ease the academic and industry pressure on them.
8. Social Responsibility Projects: Having a vision which thrusts on social sensitivity, DSIMS aims to develop managers with extreme social and humane consciousness. The institute aims to design and implement several social and community programs in the future which will be part of the student’s curriculum thereby developing them altruistic leaders of tomorrow.
9. Skill-Based Programs: As new education concepts like MOOCS and Skill-based short term programs are emerging fast the need for designing the same is imperative. Keeping this in the mind DSIMS plans to launch several skill-based short term programs which will aim to hone specialised technical and communication silks of an individual.
10. Faculty Research: The institute aims to further advance its in house research cell to promote quality research and doctoral programs. The cell plans to curate several Faculty development programs to enhance the teaching skills of the faculty. This cell will also engage into conducting industrial research projects and consultancy assignments.
11. Technology: DSIMS as a new age business school has always adapted to evolving technologies for disseminating quality management education to its students. The institute aims to develop a robust technological platform to deliver a hybrid learning environment involving blended learning pedagogies.
Action plan proposed for 2021-25:
In order to achieve the institutional goals as proposed for 2021-25, the following are going to be the main strategy drivers for DSIMS.
1. The institute aims to achieve academic excellance through consistently developing faculty with their knowledge, skills and research capabilities, making curriculum more industry specific and its delivery mechanism more experiential. A vibrant fusion of pedagogy from diverse methods like case study analysis, group discussions, corporate guest lectures, to practical learning methodologies like International, Industrial & rural immersion programmes and live projects, are to be used for an enhanced learning experience. Continuous innovation in teaching-learning methods is of prime agenda for the institutional growth.
2. DSIMS believes in overall and continuous development of Students, faculty and Staff. Following are some of the ways by which the institute plans to develop and nurture its main stakeholders. a) Exposing the students to global scenarios through international visits, and through relevant case studies and international issues and best practices. b) To engage faculties of international repute to interact with our students to give them a global flavour of business operations and their management. c) To give a boost to internationational tie-ups/partnerships and MOUs with institutes of global repute. Taking the legacy of international tieups ahead, DSIMS has recently collaborated with Harvard Business School Online to offer its faculty and students an exceptional and enriching learning experience.
3. The institute is consistently improving its student quality intake by branding itself extensively across the country. DSIMS plans to attract students from all over the country through its marketing/promotional activities and programs. The institute aims to develop a large pool of able students through institutional branding and advertising and further subject them to rigorous selection process to get the best quality of students onboard.
4. In order to further strengthen the Industry Institute Partnership cell, the institute plans to conduct research and consultancy projects jointly with big organizations to boost the industry connect at DSIMS. These consultancy projects will involve students and faculties from DSIMS and senior leaders and executives from the industry. This kind of joint collaboration in research will also help in student networking and placements.
5. DSIMS aims to strengthen its Corporate to Campus Connect by continuous participation from the industry. Starting from curriculum design to implementation the institute seeks inputs from industry experts to make the programs and courses delivered more industry specific.
6. To encourage faculties to conduct in-house faculty development programs on diverse and emerging topics to promote cross functional learning. Faculties to be encouraged to participate in international conferences and seminars across the world and institute to facilitate the same.
7. To conduct and encourage the staff to participate in variety of activities such as formal education programs, workshops, training sessions, seminars, and college and university events on- and off-campus. Encouraging the staff members to participate in cross-functional and multi functional developmental activities.
8. To strengthen further the curricular-co-curricular interventions, in the form of Beyond classroom initiatives at DSIMS; the institute proposes to further make the Leaders in Making (LiM) for PGDM program and Managers in Making(MiM) for MMS program more strategic with the sole aim of developing students to be industry ready and get better placed in future. LiM and MiM programs to be made more industry centric in order to enhance employability skills of the students undergoing the programs. These LiM and MiM are conducted beyond the regular classroom hours which focus on skill developments such as (i) Effective Communication which includes oral as well as written communication. It also aims at enhancing critical thinking and analytical writing, (ii) Aptitude Testing to crack selection process, (iii) Grooming and Personality Development aiming at developing self-confidence, mannerisms, etiquettes, and self-image, etc.
9. The institute plans to have a robust ecosystem to promote a culture of research and innovation. The Remsons Centre for Management Research (RCMR) at DSIMS focuses on developing contemporary and usable research in various areas of Management. This Centre is set up to bring academic relevance to industry practices. The institute plans to promote quality research studies and publication through its research cell/RCMR which will be well rewarded. Faculty members will be encouraged to produce quality academic research studies/papers which will be brought out as monographs by the Institute. Joint academic research with the involvement of other faculty/students will be extensively encouraged. The institute plans to make research an integral part of the job profile of faculties and an inbuilt aspect of their KPAs.
10. DSIMS has been engaging International Faculties to interact with our students to give international flavour of business operations and their management. It has helped DSIMS to maintain edge over other B-schools. In order to prepare our students as Global Leaders, DSIMS plans to partner with several universities of international repute for student exchange, faculty exchange and research collaboration. DSIMS in its quest to strengthen global connect, has an existing Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the prestigious, 150-year-old Ottawa University (OU), Kansas, for student and faculty exchange program. The institute aims to further such connects with many more prestigious foreign universities.
11. As a professional hallmark, DSIMS has always been adapting to the new age business domain. Currently the environment is posing a huge challenge to education in the form of COVID-19 pandemic. In order to ensure uninterrupted learning, DSIMS has adopted a blended learning pedagogy using ICT, through which the institute has been successfully conducting online courses through virtual classrooms. DSIMS proposes a Hybrid learning environment in future to complement both online and offline classes. This hybrid teaching pedagogy will be beneficial for students who cannot physically attend classes. The institute aims to technically equip itself in a way that no student misses out on his or her education. The Digital Library at DSIMS is set up with ICT facility to make the most of the e-resources offered. The institute aims to make sure that every student gets access of all the latest teaching and learning resources through this Digital library.
12. DSIMS has always focussed on the non-scholastic development along with scholastic requirements of every student. Having a sound body and mind is of utmost importance for every budding manager and DSIMS believes academic modules should be interspersed adequately with physical modules to develop a healthy body. The institute has plans to conduct Yoga and physical fitness classes for its students at regular intervals to distress them out from their academic rigour. This way our graduating students will have a holistic development of both body and mind.
13. DSIMS has built a very unique fabric of Mentor-Mentee Relationship (MMR) between student and faculty, right from its inception. The institute believes in the philosophy that each student is unique and has some hidden abilities. Having realized this fact, culturally every faculty member internalizes this while interacting with each and every student. The institute has a structured student – faculty model within the system. DSIMS plans to adopt several mentoring and counseling programs under the MMR for an overall development of a student. The institute believes continuous caring and mentoring of students will nurture them both academically and psychologically to become robust leaders of tomorrow.
14. DSIMS plans to actively engage students with the community and sensitize them about the social issues and aspects in order to develop them into a holistic business leader. The Institute’s Social Responsibility cell ‘SAHAYOG’, regularly conducts activities that promote social well-being through charitable work, like blood donation camps, tree plantation drives, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan, orphanage visits. These activities are conducted in collaboration with various organisations and NGOs. DSIMS believes that through the above social exposures, students will be able to comprehend and respond to life situations in a stable and matured manner which are unique to transformative leaders of tomorrow.
15. In order to reap on the fertile grounds of online skill-based short term programs and courses DSIMS plans to launch several short term programs on technical topics like business analytics, communication skills and Executive management programs for working executives. These programs will be offered both on Online and offline platforms.