Ph.D. in Management
Course: Ph.D. in Management(Affiliated with the University of Mumbai)
Duration: Duration of the Ph.D., Degree shall be a minimum duration of three years and a maximum of six years from the date of admission including course work.
No.of Seats: 8
Coursework for Ph.D.
- Ph.D. Course work shall be of 12 credits.
- Coursework shall be treated as a prerequisite for Ph.D.
- A minimum of four credits shall be assigned to one or more courses on Research Methodology. Other courses shall be as follows:
Master’s degree or a professional degree declared equivalent to the Master’s degree by the University of Mumbai with at least 55% marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7-point scale.
The candidates seeking admission to a Ph.D. Programme shall take the PET conducted by the University of Mumbai. Candidates qualified in UGC-NET/UGC-CSIR NET/SLET/GATE/INSPIRE and any other JRF of the apex bodies like CSIR/UGC/ICAR/ICMR/DBT/DST/ICSSR are exempted from the PET.
- 1. The Application Form for Ph.D. is available online on the institute’s website: www.dsims.org.in
- 2. The student needs to fill and submit the form on the DSIMS website and pay the application fee of Rs 2000 on the DSIMS Portal form.
- 3. Submit a printout of the downloaded PDF along with the documents* listed below.
- 4. The form and application fees should reach the institute before the last date for submission of the application
- 5. Submission of an online admission form does not guarantee admission to the institute.
*Documents required along with the application are as follows:
- a) Bachelor’s degree mark statement and degree certificate
- b) Master’s degree marks statement and degree certificate
- c) Passing Certificate/Score card of PET conducted by the University of Mumbai.
- d) Transference Certificate from the last college/institute attended.
- e) Eligibility Certificate (applicable to candidates from other than Mumbai University.)
- f) Migration Certificate (applicable to candidates from other than Mumbai University.)
- a) Admission to the Ph.D. program shall be on the basis of a common entrance test (PE) conducted by the University of Mumbai or exemption granted from such an entrance test and a subsequent personal interview conducted by the institute.
- b) There shall be a weightage of 70% to the PET score and a weightage of 30% to the4 performance at the interview.
Fees for the program shall be Rs. 82,015.00 plus a refundable library deposit of Rs. 5,000.00/
Approved Guides for Ph.D. in Management
1. Dr. Sarita Vichore, Director, DSGS
Dr. Sarita Vichore is a Ph.D. in the area of financial services; she completed her doctorate in South Gujarat University. She has a dual degree in Management of Business Administration, majoring in the area of Finance. She also has a Master’s in Commerce and holds a degree in Cost and Management.Accountant (CMA), United States She is a member of the Institute of Management Accountants of the United States of America. She has over 16 years of experience in industry and academia. She has presented research papers at various national and international conferences. She also represented DSIMS at IMRA London, UK for a research paper presentation.
She has published in referred national and international journals. She was recently invited to speak to esteemed entrepreneurs at the Kauffman Foundation Kansas USA about scaling up her business. Her teaching interests are in the areas of corporate finance, performance management, valuations, and mergers and acquisitions. Her research interests include microfinance and corporate social responsibility.
2. Dr. Sarika Jain, Professor and Assistant Dean-Academics
Dr. Sarika Jain is a Fellow (Ph.D.) of the National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE) in the area of Human Resources Management. She holds a first-class Master’s degree in Social Work with a major specialization in Human Resources & Social Work from Aligarh Muslim University (AMU). She has experience teaching for about 14 years. She has worked with the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) on a national project on the “Educational Status of Religious & Linguistic Minorities”. She received the Devang Mehta Award for “Best Professor in CSR” in 2015. She has also published papers in peer-reviewed journals of national and international repute. Her teaching and research Interest areas include Work-Family Balance, Organizational Behaviour, HRM, Business Ethics, and CSR.