Sabrang- Colors of Youth, the annual cultural fest of Durgadevi Saraf Institute of management studies (DSIMS) crossed its own records and went Inter College for the first time. Sabrang was a complete student driven event organized by the students of DSIMS. It was a two day fest dated 20 and 21st February. Our eminent sponsors are G M Modular (Presenting Sponsor), India.com (Social Media partner), Maruti Suzuki Nexa, Balajee Infra (Special Event Partners), MM Mithaiwala, Parekh Developers, Smaaash & others( Associate Sponsors).
The Opening Day of Sabrang was full of interesting games like:
- Hog-A-Thon: Participants had the challenges to hog as much as they can.
- Nail-Art : Participants painted their nails in an artistic way.
- Counter strike and Need for speed (CS/ NFS): Digital games full of action.
- Glow cricket: Cricket was played with neon effect in a dark room.
- Paint-ball: Teams shot each other with bullets filled with colours.
- Snakes and ladders: Childhood game modified with twists and challenges.
Sabrang- second day 21Feb was full of great events like:
Treasure Hunt: Teams were asked to find the treasure with help of some clues.
Talent hunt: students presented their talents in front of the panel of judges named-
- Divya pai, dancer and choreographer
- Sabah Bari, winner of Boogie Woogie Mummy’s championship
- Chaitral- Classical bollywood singer.
- Shivshakti Sachdev- T.V actress telecasted in the serials like Sabki laadli bebo, Uttaran etc
- Isha sharma- T.v actress tekecasted in serials like Jamai raja etc.
- Ravi bannerjee- Professor of marketing and sales in DSIMS.
Fashion Show event been judged by-
1) Mukul Harish, T.V actor who has worked in serials like Anu ki hogai waah bhai waah, Mrs. Kaushik ki Paanch Bahuein etc.
2) Mansi Sharma,TV actress who worked in Devo ke dev Mahadev.
3) Riya Deepsy, T.V actress who worked for serials like Mahabharat
All the events had participation from 18 colleges all over Mumbai, among them some notable ones are Thakur College, Nagindas Khandwala College, K.E.S College and others. It was a successful fest which was followed by a DJ night where all the YUWA members (organising team) and the participants from other colleges celebrated the hue & colors of Sabrang.